- Farm and Home Week
Congresses and conventions
Agricultural extension workers
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from attached sheet: The farm and home agents are decorating the stage for their evening program held on Riddick Field on the west side of the stadium at N. C. State College during Farm and Home Week. A different group of agents each afternoon were responsible for the decoration of the stage for the evening program which started immediately after supper for the enjoyment of the farmers and their wives. The palms and ferns were kept in a cool room under the stadium except during the time they were used on the platform each afternoon. Counties participating in the decoration of the stage at the time this picture was taken were Nash, Chowan, Camden, Dare and Currituck. A special program was provided on Governor Hoey spoke to the farmers and farm women over WPTF from this platform during the evening.
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).