- Sawmill Debarking Operation
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Small mill (10/12,000) debarking operation. The mill owners debark logs and ship debarked slabs to chipping yard 22 miles away. They receive about $26,000 per truck load of approximately 12,000 lbs. They produce 2/3 truckloads per day. These slabs were burned before installing debarker (some sold for wood in winter months)
North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
more info on North Carolina State College. School of Forestry
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).