Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Herding flock of sheep on William Poe's farm
Community and Extension
Crape myrtle, Common
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying material: The Progressive Farmer; August 13, 1957; Dr. Lemuel Goode, Department of Animal Industry, N. C. State College, Raleigh, N. C.; Dear Dr. Goode: In according with your request to Mr. [William] D. Poe, I am sending you the negative and contact prints of the black and white pictures of the sheep and crepe myrtles at Dr. Poe's place. You may select any of these shots for enlargement that you care to use and then please return the whole thing to us. You will perhaps note that these are not the same pictures as we took in color. In fact, the color shots were taken in a little area especially showing the overhanging crepe myrtles. However, for black and white reproduction purposes I believe you will find some of these shots very good. We certainly appreciate your splendid cooperation in this job and we are looking forward to working with you on an article on this breed of sheep. Sincerely yours, William C. LaRue, Associate Editor
Poe, Willam D.
more info on Poe, William D.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).