Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Men loading logs with team of horses in the snow
Carriages and carts
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- This is a photograph of three unidentified with a team of horses and a load of logs in the snow. we are saving money by leaving it stand in the woods. the cedar is very poor species as it has more or less rot in every log. Labor has been very cheap through winter as we are paying swampers 16 to 22 dollars per month sawyers 22 to 30 dollars and teamsters 35 dollars per month. we were paying 40 dollars"
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).