- Harvey E. Wahls oral history, 18 November 2014
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Ferris, Virginia L. more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
- Wahls, Harvey E. more info on Wahls, Harvey E.
- Created Date:
- This interview was conducted in the Multimedia Seminar Classroom of D.H. Hill Library at North Carolina State University. Wahls discusses his early years near Chicago, Illinois, and education at Northwestern University; joining the faculty of the Civil Engineering department at North Carolina State in 1960; the influence of Ralph Fadum as a teacher and mentor; his research in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering; department heads Charlie Bremer, Donald Dean, Paul Zia, and Downey Brill; the development of Centennial Campus; and changes in the department over time.
Oral histories (Document genres)
Ferris, Virginia L.
more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
North Carolina State University -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- History
Wahls, Harvey E. more info on Wahls, Harvey E.
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
Fadum, Ralph E. more info on Fadum, Ralph E., 1912-
North Carolina State University. Centennial Campus more info on North Carolina State University. Centennial Campus
North Carolina State University. Department of Civil Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Civil Engineering
- Digital Project:
NC State Institutional Histories
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- North Carolina State Oral Histories (MC00449) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)