NCSU Libraries

Abandoned press box at Riddick Stadium

Riddick Stadium, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Abandoned press box at Riddick Stadium
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Original Format:
Digital photographs
Item identifier:
funk_misc0001
Photographer:
Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946- 
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Riddick Stadium was built in 1907 and named for Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Riddick was appointed as a professor of civil engineering in 1892 and went on to serve as NC State’s first football coach, dean of the School of Engineering, and as president of the university between 1917 and 1923. The stadium was home to the football and baseball teams until 1966, when Carter-Finley was completed. Since 1966, the use of the stadium has shifted many times from dorms to physical plant operations. The last part of the stadium, the West Stands, were completely torn down in 2005 to make way for the new Mathematics and Statistics Building.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University 
North Carolina State University -- Sports more info on North Carolina State University -- Sports 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Funkhouser Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, Wallace Carl Riddick Stadium (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina