- Metcalf Residence Hall
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Metcalf Residence Hall, built in 1968, is named for Zeno Payne Metcalf (1885-1956). Metcalf worked as an entomologist with the Agricultural Experiment Station at NC State in 1912, was director of instruction for the School of Agriculture, 1923-1944; director of graduate studies, 1940-1943; and served as associate dean of the Consolidated University Graduate School, 1943-1950. Metcalf left his collection of nearly 90,000 insect specimens to the Department of Entomology, and his papers and personal library to the University library.
Metcalf, Zeno Payne
more info on Metcalf, Zeno Payne, 1885-1956
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).