Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, The Homestead, Edenton, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 101 E. Water Street
- Edenton Historic District
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Robert Smith (merchant), first owner; Josiah Collins (merchant), second owner
- Architectural note:
- The home provides an unusual example of a double piazza carried around all four sides of the building.
- Historical note:
- The property contains local landmark Edenton Teapot, which commemorates the Edenton Tea Party. The home lies within the boundaries of the Edenton Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.057103, -76.609262