Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Stained glass window, Fulton United Methodist Church, Davie County, North Carolina
Gothic revival (Architecture)
Stained glass (Visual works)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Davie County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 3673 Nc Highway 801 S
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The congregation was first established as Hebron Church, circa 1800.
- Architectural note:
- This Gothic Revival church with Italianate brackets is more elaborate than many other rural churches. The central tower divides entrances for men and women that lead to separate seating areas.
- Historical note:
- The graves of Winston-Salem industrialists Alexander and Jane March Hanes and their son, Benjamin Franklin Hanes, can be found at the church. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.886532, -80.420091