- View, Old Beaufort County Courthouse, Washington, Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- This Federal structure is one of North Carolina's oldest courthouses. The structure, done in Flemish-bond brickwork, was originally square in shape but was later expanded to include an extra two bays at the rear of the building and a square clock tower with pilasters.
- Historical note:
- The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Clock towers (Towers)
National Register of Historic Places
Buildings -- Additions
Flemish bond (Masonry technique)