- Front view, Ruffin-Snipes House, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 4 x 5 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Peter Browne Ruffin, mid-nineteenth century owner | Architectural Note: John Berry is the attributed builder. Berry updated the home by remodeling the rear rooms and adding the Greek Revival-style front porch in the 1840s.
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Ruffin-Snipes House -- Peter Browne Ruffin Homestead (Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Peter Browne Ruffin, mid-nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- John Berry is the attributed builder. Berry updated the home by remodeling the rear rooms and adding the Greek Revival style front porch in the 1840s.
Housing, Single family