- Southeast elevation, Fowle Warehouse, Washington, North Carolina
Elevations (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- scale: 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 483mm x 610mm
- Item identifier:
- Marshall, Michael G. more info on Marshall, Michael G.
- Jones, W. W. more info on Jones, W. W.
- Created Date:
- 12 of 13
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Historic Architecture Research. Project Records (UA110.041) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 112 South Respess Street
- Architectural note:
- In the early twentieth century the warehouse was connected to the S. R. Fowle and Son General Merchandise building. This and the Havens Warehouse were constructed in the early to mid-nineteenth century, nearly at the same time. The building lies within the boundaries of the Washington Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Historical note:
- Nearly identical to the Haven Warehouse. Example of early commercial construction in North Carolina. Very thick, solid brick masonry walls, heavy timber, and slate roofs. Interiors were compartmented and paneled with wood, with the exception of a small office which was plastered. This and the Havens Warehouse were constructed in the early to mid-nineteenth century, and are rare survivors of a once common building type in port towns.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.542891, -77.057315
- External Resources: