- Asheville Art Museum
- Douglas Ellington Collection (aam_DE) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 56 Patton Ave.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The original Art Deco interiors included geometricized Indian and classical motifs. The interiors were lost following a period of building disuse. The structure was renovated in the 1990s.
- Historical note:
- Frank Sherrill and Fred Webber opened their first S&W Cafeteria in Charlotte, NC. The restaurant served Southern-style food at a low cost. The cafeterias opened from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA. The company shut down in the 1990s. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Art deco (Architecture)
Indian architecture styles
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.594548, -82.553763