- Interior Upstairs Looking downstairs
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white silver print; 8 x 10”
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Asheville Art Museum
- Douglas Ellington Collection (aam_DE) held by Asheville Art Museum
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the Asheville Art Museum.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 56 Patton Ave.
- Architectural note:
- The original Art Deco interiors were lost following a period of building disuse. The structure was renovated in the 1990s.
- Historical note:
- The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Frank Sherrill and Fred Webber opened their first S&W Cafeteria in Charlotte, NC. The restaurant served Southern-style food at a low cost. The cafeterias opened from Washington, DC to Atlanta, GA. The company shut down in the 1990s.
Art deco (Architecture)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.594548, -82.553763