- William Ratcliffe and his home, Wadesboro, # 3, Anson County, June 1937
African American farmers
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 9 x 15 cm
- Item identifier:
- Cameron, J. W. more info on Cameron, J. W.
- Created Date:
- Title continues: William Ratcliffe was a tenant farmer who worked on shares for a number of years. Saved his earnings and bought a farm. Built a good house, raised and educated six children. Is good citizen respected by Whites and African Americans. Advises his people to be honest, hard working, and to save what they make.
Anson County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Farming. African Americans (UA023.007.091) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.