- Future Farmers of America
Students -- Societies, etc.
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white (negatives); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Mattox, John more info on Mattox, John
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from photograph: New State FFA Officers---Pictured here are the newly-elected officers of the North Carolina Association of the Future Farmers of America who were installed in office at the final session of the State FFA convention in the Reynolds Coliseum at North Carolina State College June 30, 1961. Left to right: Larry Whittington of the Benson Chapter, Johnston County, president: Douglas Williams of the Liberty Chapter, Randolph County, secretary: Weldon Faircloth of Clement Chapter, Sampson County, vice president: Norman Nifong of the North Davidson Chapter, Davidson County, sentinel: Frank Lancaster, Jr., of the West Edgecombe Chapter, Edgecombe County, reporter; and Darrell Mundy of the Bunker Hill Chapter, Catawba County, treasurer.
North Carolina State University -- Students
more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Student organizations, A-M (UA023.023.090) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992 more info on Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- North Carolina
- General note:
- Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783501, -78.669899