- Hank Utley, third base
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- In 1946 Utley scored from third on a wild pitch, securing a 1-0 win over its traditional rival at the time, Wake Forest. It was Coach Vic Sorrell’s first year at N. C. State, and the team wound up first in the Big Four with a nine and three season. Utley had the second-highest batting average of 1948 with a .319.
North Carolina State University -- Baseball
more info on North Carolina State University -- Baseball
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Baseball. Players, Q-Z (UA023.004.013) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).