NCSU Libraries

Leazar Hall, side view

Leazar Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Leazar Hall, side view
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Item identifier:
0004058
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Leazar Hall was built in 1912 and served as the campus dining hall until 1971. It now is part of the College of Design. Leazar Hall is named for Augustus Leazar (1843-1905). Leazar fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. As a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives, in 1885 he assisted Charles Dabney in drawing up a bill to establish an industrial school in North Carolina. After several revisions, the bill passed in 1887, establishing the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. The building was renovated in 1983 and again in 2006.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings 
North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts more info on North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, Augustus Leazar Dining Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)