NCSU Libraries

D. H. Hill Library, East Wing front view

D. H. Hill Library, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
D. H. Hill Library, East Wing front view
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Libraries
Universities and colleges
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Item identifier:
0003279
Created Date:
circa
Description:
D. H. Hill Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The Library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. D. H. Hill Library is the main library of the NCSU Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings 
North Carolina State University -- Facilities more info on North Carolina State University -- Facilities 
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, D. H. Hill Library (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) 
Street:
4700 Hillsborough Street
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Zip:
27606
Historical note:
D. H. Hill Library is named for Daniel Harvey Hill, Jr. (1859-1924), an English professor at North Carolina State University and one of the college’s first five faculty members. He was president of the University from 1908-1916. The Library was built in four stages, the east wing first in 1953, the Erdahl-Cloyd Student Union or west wing second in 1954, the old book stack tower third in 1971, and the new book stack tower fourth in 1990. In 2007, a major renovation of the east wing of the library was completed. D. H. Hill Library is the main library of the NCSU Libraries system, which is composed of five library facilities.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
Libraries
Latitude, Longitude:
35.787601, -78.669998