Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Becton Hall, North Carolina State College
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services more info on North Carolina State College. Office of Information Services
- Created Date:
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Campus facilities and views (UA023.005) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, John Leland Becton Residence Hall -- 9th Dormitory (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Page, Jess M. more info on Page, Jess M.
- Jenson Drive
- NC State University
- General note:
- Becton Residence Hall, located behind Thompson Theater, is named after John Leland Becton (1882-1938). A civil engineering graduate who later established a successful Wilmington business, Becton was president of the Alumni Association for three terms. His private practice involved reclamation and drainage, roads and streets, water supplies and sewage, and suburban development. He specialized in the design and construction of reinforced concrete Liberty ships during World War I, and helped design a Dow Chemical Company plant for extracting bromine from sea water. Dormitory is part of University Honors Village.
College buildings -- North Carolina
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7825841, 78.6666369