- Revised Plan of Dye House
Elevations (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
- Tracings; scale: 1/4in.=1ft.; 35 x 13 inches
- Item identifier:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham & Reed Records, 1895-1960 (UNCC MC00148) held by J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Note field:
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 101 West Worthington Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The mill was built for Nebel Knitting, the South's first producer of fine-gauge silk hosiery.
- Architectural note:
- The two-story main building encloses a courtyard and has large double windows, separated by pilasters. The annex, constructed in 1946 from a design by Herman V. Biberstein, was done in the Moderne style.
Mills and mill-work
Modern movement (Architecture)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.211467, -80.860262