- First and second floor plan
- Original Format:
- 1/16 in. = 1 ft.;794mm x 565mm
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham & Reed Records, 1895-1960 (UNCC MC00148) held by J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Note field:
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Nash Street and West King Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The mill was built by Shepperd Strudwick and associates, textile manufacturers. Built around 1900 as Bellvue Mill (and later known as Flynt Fabrics), this textile mill once was a major employer on the west side of Hillsborough. It manufactured Cheviots and Gingham.
- General note:
- Many of the houses of mill workers can been seen in the residential area north and west of the facility. This mill and its accompanying village are the most intact of the many mill villages that could once be found in Hillsborough.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.075149, -79.111162