Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham & Reed Records, 1895-1960 (UNCC MC00148) held by J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the J. Murrey Atkins Library Special Collections at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham and Reed more info on Biberstein, Bowles, Meacham and Reed
- Biberstein, Richard C., 1859-1931 more info on Biberstein, Richard C., 1859-1931
- 710 Catawba Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Chronicle Mill was the first mill built in Belmont. It opened in 1904 by the Lineberger family. The 1926 addition by Biberstein was one of many to the mill complex.
- Historical note:
- Chronicle Mills was the first mill in the South to have an air conditioner installed in it. It was installed in 1907.
Belmont (Gaston County, N.C.)
Mills and mill-work
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.240212, -81.022552