NCSU Libraries

View of Brooks and Watauga Halls from near Leazar

Watauga Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Brooks Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
View of Brooks and Watauga Halls from near Leazar
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
College campuses
Item identifier:
ua100_099-002-cb0002_053-16913-007
Created Date:
Description:
Campus Scene: Looking toward Brooks and Watauga from near Leazer
Genre:
Photographs
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building:

Building:

Architect:
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Historical note:
Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Lecture halls
College buildings
Historic buildings
Latitude, Longitude:
35.7845, -78.664902

✓ Give us feedback