NCSU Libraries

View of Brooks and Watauga Halls from near Leazar

Watauga Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Brooks Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
View of Brooks and Watauga Halls from near Leazar
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
College campuses
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
Item identifier:
ua100_099-002-cb0002_053-16913-004
Created Date:
Description:
Campus Scene: Looking toward Brooks and Watauga from near Leazer
Genre:
Photographs
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, Watauga Residence Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Building: North Carolina State University, Eugene Clyde Brooks Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Historical note:
Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
College buildings
Lecture halls
Latitude, Longitude:
35.7845, -78.664902