NCSU Libraries

C. A. Dillon at North Carolina State College Development Council Meeting

Winslow Hall, NCSU -- Alumni Memorial Building, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
C. A. Dillon at North Carolina State College Development Council Meeting
Topics:
People
Subjects:
Meetings
College administrators
Item identifier:
ua100_099-002-cb0002_050-16211-008
Created Date:
Description:
North Carolina State College Development Council Meeting in Alumni Building; C. A. Dillon
Genre:
Photographs
Names:

Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building:

Architect:
Built:
Street:
NCSU Campus
Community:
Raleigh
State:
NC
Historical note:
Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
College buildings
Lecture halls

✓ Give us feedback