- Farm and Home Week; Recreation during Farm and Home Week, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Farm and Home Week
more info on Farm and Home Week (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Communication Services Records (UA100.099) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- NC State University
- General note:
- Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783501, -78.669899