Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) control research records, 1957-1973
Pests -- Control
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains records related to research on controlling the pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) as an agricultural pest. Pitymus pinetorum, known as the pine mouse or pine vole (it is actually a type of vole), could cause crop damage, particularly in orchards. Many of the records reflect the debate over using the chemical endrin as a rodenticide. Included are memorandums and correspondence, research notes and office papers, scientific finding reports, budgetary information, and reprints from science journals.
Drawings (Visual works)
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Entomology Records, 1932-2005 (UA100.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Boll Weevil Eradication by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr., circa 1983
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 3
- A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with Emphasis on the Work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, by Maurice H. Farrier, circa 1976-1977
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 4
- Excerpts from a Lecture on the Ecological Principles as a Basis for Pest Management in the Agroecosystem, by R. L. Rabb, R. E. Stinner, and G. A. Carlson, circa 1972
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 5
- Entomological Research Projects Receiving Federal Grant Support list, 1963
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 6
- Essentials for Successful Pest Management Programs by R. L. Rabb, 1978
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 7
- Mechanisms of Pesticide Toxicity : A Progress Report on National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Program Grant E8-00044, July 16, 1969-September 30, 1974
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 8
- Records related to parathion study, 1970-1971
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 9
- Reports on pesticide controversy, 1969-1970
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 10
- Pesticide residue records, 1961-1964
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 11
- Pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) control research records, 1957-1973, Series 3, Box 3, Folder 12 (Current Folder)