Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Records related to parathion study, 1970-1971
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains records related to North Carolina State University's cooperative work on a joint study of parathion, in which the University eventually canceled its collaborative efforts. Parathion is highly poisonous, and the cooperative study intended to research how its use as a pesticide may effect humans. After several people died after working with parathion-treated crops, N. C. State left the project. Included in the records are memorandums and correspondence, newspaper clippings covering and analyzing the events, proposals, and a timeline outlining the sequence of events.
Clippings (Information artifacts)
Guthrie, F. E. (Frank Edwin), 1923-1994
more info on Guthrie, F. E. (Frank Edwin), 1923-1994
North Carolina State University -- Research more info on North Carolina State University -- Research
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Entomology Records, 1932-2005 (UA100.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Boll Weevil Eradication by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr., circa 1983
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 3
- A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with Emphasis on the Work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, by Maurice H. Farrier, circa 1976-1977
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 4
- Excerpts from a Lecture on the Ecological Principles as a Basis for Pest Management in the Agroecosystem, by R. L. Rabb, R. E. Stinner, and G. A. Carlson, circa 1972
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 5
- Entomological Research Projects Receiving Federal Grant Support list, 1963
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 6
- Essentials for Successful Pest Management Programs by R. L. Rabb, 1978
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 7
- Mechanisms of Pesticide Toxicity : A Progress Report on National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Program Grant E8-00044, July 16, 1969-September 30, 1974
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 8
- Records related to parathion study, 1970-1971, Series 3, Box 3, Folder 9 (Current Folder)
- Reports on pesticide controversy, 1969-1970
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 10
- Pesticide residue records, 1961-1964
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 11
- Pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) control research records, 1957-1973
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 12