Download PDF (1.52 MB)
Additional functionality available on larger screens.
- A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with Emphasis on the Work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, by Maurice H. Farrier, circa 1976-1977
- Original Format:
- Typescript (unpublished)
- Item identifier:
- Farrier, Maurice H. more info on Farrier, Maurice H.
- Coverage Date:
- circa to
- The folder contains a report titled "A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with emphasis on the work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station," written by Maurice H. Farrier. Acarology is the study of mites and ticks, and this report discusses innovations in the field that occurred in North Carolina, particularly at the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station. Included in the report are reprinted photographs and maps diagramming mite and tick distributions throughout the United States and North Carolina.
North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station
more info on North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Entomology Records, 1932-2005 (UA100.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Boll Weevil Eradication by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr., circa 1983
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 3
- A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with Emphasis on the Work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, by Maurice H. Farrier, circa 1976-1977, Series 3, Box 3, Folder 4 (Current Folder)
- Excerpts from a Lecture on the Ecological Principles as a Basis for Pest Management in the Agroecosystem, by R. L. Rabb, R. E. Stinner, and G. A. Carlson, circa 1972
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 5
- Entomological Research Projects Receiving Federal Grant Support list, 1963
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 6
- Essentials for Successful Pest Management Programs by R. L. Rabb, 1978
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 7
- Mechanisms of Pesticide Toxicity : A Progress Report on National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Program Grant E8-00044, July 16, 1969-September 30, 1974
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 8
- Records related to parathion study, 1970-1971
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 9
- Reports on pesticide controversy, 1969-1970
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 10
- Pesticide residue records, 1961-1964
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 11
- Pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) control research records, 1957-1973
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 12