Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Boll Weevil Eradication by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr., circa 1983
Pests -- Control
- Original Format:
- Typescript (unpublished)
- Item identifier:
- Dickerson, W. A. more info on Dickerson, W. A.
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains an entomological report titled "Boll Weevil Eradication," written by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr. The report addresses the problems of boll weevils as an agricultural pest in North Carolina and Virginia, and government initiative projects to eradicate the insects. Also included in the report is a map diagramming the location a 1978-1980 boll weevil eradication program took place in North Carolina.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Entomology Records, 1932-2005 (UA100.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Boll Weevil Eradication by Willard A. Dickerson, Jr., circa 1983, Series 3, Box 3, Folder 3 (Current Folder)
- A Brief History of Acarology in North Carolina with Emphasis on the Work of the North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station, by Maurice H. Farrier, circa 1976-1977
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 4
- Excerpts from a Lecture on the Ecological Principles as a Basis for Pest Management in the Agroecosystem, by R. L. Rabb, R. E. Stinner, and G. A. Carlson, circa 1972
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 5
- Entomological Research Projects Receiving Federal Grant Support list, 1963
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 6
- Essentials for Successful Pest Management Programs by R. L. Rabb, 1978
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 7
- Mechanisms of Pesticide Toxicity : A Progress Report on National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences Program Grant E8-00044, July 16, 1969-September 30, 1974
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 8
- Records related to parathion study, 1970-1971
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 9
- Reports on pesticide controversy, 1969-1970
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 10
- Pesticide residue records, 1961-1964
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 11
- Pine mouse (pitymus pinetorum) control research records, 1957-1973
Series 3, Box 3, Folder 12