Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Kenneth L. Knight notebook on pesticides, 1967-1970
Agricultural laws and legislation
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains a spiral-bound notebook which holds a compiling of office records related to North Carolina State University Entomology professor Kenneth L. Knight's work on easing restrictions on the use of pesticides in agriculture. As a head of N. C. State's School of Agriculture's Agricultural Chemicals Advisory Committee, Knight argued that the benefits of chemical pesticides outweighed the potential hazards. He and his colleagues presented before the North Carolina Department of Agriculture that with scientific innovations making pesticides less harmful to humans, a change in state legislation would improve the output of North Carolina farmers and its agricultural industry. The notebook contains a number of legislative acts and policy guidelines, in addition to proposed legislation. Also compiled are newsclippings capturing the sentiments of the time these decisions were being made, as well as memorandums and correspondence, newsletters and press releases, and committee reports.
Drawings (Visual works)
Clippings (Information artifacts)
Legislation (Legal concepts)
North Carolina State University. Department of Entomology
more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Entomology
Knight, Kenneth L. (Kenneth Lee), 1915- more info on Knight, Kenneth L. (Kenneth Lee), 1915-
North Carolina. Department of Agriculture more info on North Carolina. Department of Agriculture
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Entomology Records, 1932-2005 (UA100.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Entomology Department correspondence and records, 1962-1964
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 1
- Entomology Department correspondence and records, 1965
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 2
- Report on Reassessment of Department of Entomology's Research Program, 1966
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 3
- Entomology Department correspondence and records regarding pesticides, 1970-1971
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 4
- Entomology Department correspondence related to the clearance on pesticide use, 1975
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 5
- Frank E. Guthrie correspondence and records, 1972-1988
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 6
- Kenneth L. Knight notebook on pesticides, 1969-1970
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 7
- Kenneth L. Knight notebook on pesticides, 1967-1970, Series 1, Box 1, Folder 8 (Current Folder)
- Zeno P. Metcalf notebook on pest control, 1932-1942
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 9
- Robert L. Raab correspondence and records, 1965-1981
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 10