Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Mechanization of cotton production records, 1954-1965
Cotton -- Harvesting
Agriculture -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains records related to a regional research project on the efficiency of mechanizing cotton production, harvesting, ginning, and cleaning. The project's objectives were to design improved machinery while developing methods to reduce manpower and increase work output. Included are grant proposals for the project, minutes from committee minutes, progress reports, a planning guide, charts and tables analyzing research findings, correspondence and memorandums, and the published bulletin from the project titled "Mechanized Harvesting of Cotton."
Charts (Graphic documents)
Public access television programs
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Records, 1928-2008 (UA100.014) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Curing tobacco records, 1957-1960
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 6
- Mechanization of cotton production records, 1954-1965, Series 2, Box 3, Folder 7 (Current Folder)
- Ford Foundation records, 1960-1961
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 8
- Agricultural engineering research records, 1961-1974
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 9
- India Institute of Technology reports and records, 1965-1971
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 10
- "Heat Unit System for Predicting Optimum Peanut-Harvesting Time," by W. T. Mills, 1964
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 11
- Tobacco research for agricultural machinery and facilities records, 1961-1965
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 12
- United States Department of Agriculture collaboration records, 1953-1961
Series 2, Box 3, Folder 13