Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and Carreras Rothmans Limited records, 1960-1981
Tobacco -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This folder contains correspondence and other records related to agreements and interactions between North Carolina State University's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and the English tobacco company Carreras Rothmans Limited. The chief focus is their collaboration, a research project titled "Mechanization of Close-Grown Tobacco," where Carreras Rothmans provided funds for the North Carolina Experiment Station to experiment and evaluate samples of close-grown tobacco. Included are memorandums and correspondence, memorandums of agreement, progress reports on the project, and annual reports for the project.
Carreras Rothmans Ltd.
more info on Carreras Rothmans Ltd.
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station more info on North Carolina Agricultural Experiment Station
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Records, 1928-2008 (UA100.014) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering departmental information, 1948-1985
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 1
- Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering laboratory records, 1970-1971
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 2
- Department of Agricultural Engineering correspondence, 1960-1981
Series 1, Box 1, Folder 6
- Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and Carreras Rothmans Limited records, 1960-1981, Series 1, Box 1, Folder 8 (Current Folder)