Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Student at registration at Reynolds Coliseum
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Merrell, Larry more info on Merrell, Larry
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Technician Photo; Registr. Jan 1978; Merrell
North Carolina State University -- Students
more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Student life (UA023.025) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992 more info on Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- NC State University
- General note:
- Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783501, -78.669899