- Jack P. Jordan, Bruce Poulton, and James Hunt at land acquisition event
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Jack P. Jordan, brother of former Lt. Governor Robert Jordan (Chancellor Bruce Poulton is on the right, Governor James Hunt in the center). Jack P. Jordan was Board of Trustees Chairman when Gov. Hunt transferred 355 acres from the Dorothea Dix land to NC State in December 1984, 3 weeks before the end of his gubernatorial term.
North Carolina State University -- Administration
more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Jordan, Jack P. more info on Jordan, Jack P.
Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert) more info on Poulton, Bruce R. (Bruce Robert)
Hunt, James B. more info on Hunt, James B., 1937-
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892 more info on Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- 820 South Boylan Ave.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The hospital building includes 'Davisean' windows. The core was razed in the mid twentieth century.
- Historical note:
- The hospital was founded for the insane, and the campus includes other late nineteenth and early twentieth century buildings, such as this structure.
Children -- Health and hygiene
Mental health facilities
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.771587, -78.653443