- William Joseph Peele portrait
North Carolina History
Trusts and trustees
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- William Joseph Peele, 1855-1919: A graduate of the University of North Carolina, Peele was a Raleigh attorney. He was one of the founders and served as first president of the Watauga Club, an association of young men which successfully promoted the establishment of the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (NCSU) in 1887. He was a member of the Board of Trustees, 1899-1901. Peele Hall is named in honor.
North Carolina State University -- Administration
more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Peele, W. J. (William Joseph), 1855- more info on Peele, W. J. (William Joseph), 1855-
Watauga Club more info on Watauga Club
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).