- Cornelius Lanczos portrait drawing
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); Facsimiles (Reproductions)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Facsimile of the portrait of Cornelius Lanczos in October 1973, by Chirnside. This portrait is one of two charcoal sketches by the artist John Chirnside at the University of Manchester. Later, Professor Ronald Butler, Department of Mathematics, University of Manchester, presented one of these portraits to the Dublin Insitute for Advanced Studies in memory of Cornelius Lanczos. After the Cornelius Lanczos International Centenary Conference held at North Carolina State University (NCSU) in 1993, Professor Butler presented the second portrait of Cornelius Lanczos by Chirnside to the Department of Physics, NCSU.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
University of Manchester more info on University of Manchester
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).