- Dr. Han P. Bao with shoe last designed with computer-aided techniques
Lasts (Shoemaker tools)
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Matthews, Vellie more info on Matthews, Vellie
- Transcribed from back: At a computer terminal, Dr. Han P. Bao of North Carolina State University's industrial engineering faculty explains how the shoe last he is holding was machined using computer-aided design techniques. He and colleagues developed the CAD/CAM system in a research project to automate the production of orthopedic footwear. (Photo by Vellie Matthews, NCSU Division of Visual Communications.)
North Carolina State University -- Faculty
more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
Bao, Han P. more info on Bao, Han P.
North Carolina State University. Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
North Carolina State University. College of Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).