- The Coppelius textiles research mannequin with creator Dr. Ben Malstrom
- Item identifier:
- Christensen, Lisa more info on Christensen, Lisa
- Transcribed from accompanying material: Coppelius, shown here with his creator Dr. Ben Malstrom, is [a] computer-controlled sweating mannequin who will be at home in a climatic chamber. The sweating mannequin will be used to test the comfort qualities of protective garments in a chamber that can simulate environmental conditions from the Arctic cold to the Amazon heat. The installation is the first outside of Finland's VTT Institute where Malstrom developed the system with colleagues. (Photo by Lisa Christensen, NCSU Visual Communication.)
more info on Malstrom, Ben
Coppelius (mannequin) more info on Coppelius (mannequin)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles (UA023.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).