- Pyro-Man system for testing flame and heat-resistant materials
Fireproofing of fabrics
Heat resistant materials
- Item identifier:
- Lankford, Herman more info on Lankford, Herman
- Transcribed from accompanying material: The Pyro-Man system is a vital part of the newly opened DuPont Thermal Protection and Comfort Laboratories at North Carolina State University's College of Textiles. Here, NCSU graduate student Mohan Pawar, demonstrates how the computer-controlled mannequin can be used to test the flame- and heat-resistant quality of full ensembles of protective gear. (Photo by Herman Lankford, NCSU Visual Communications.)
more info on PyroMan (manikin)
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles (UA023.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).