Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Brandon P. Hodges Wood Products Laboratory, School of Forestry
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
North Carolina State University. College of Natural Resources -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Natural Resources -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. College of Natural Resources (UA023.015) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Brandon Patton Hodges Wood Products Laboratories (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Dan Allen Drive
- NC State University
- Provenance note:
- Brandon Patton Hodges (1903-1957) was a valuable source of support for the School of Forest Resources and the pulp and paper program. He was instrumental in bringing several large industries to western North Carolina, and expanding NC State's forestry program and facilities. Although Hodges had no direct association with the University, he had great political influence as chairman of the Appropriations Committee and member of the Advisory Committee for the State Senate. He exercised his interest in forest research through his positions as state treasurer, and as a member of the State Educational Commission. During his later years, he was a legal advisor to the Champion Paper and Fiber Company, headquartered in Canton, N.C.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7829649, -78.6772558