- Wood from trees cut too soon
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Barker, W. J. more info on Barker, W. J.
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series [#1137] By W. J. Barker, Assistant Extension Forester; It was a mistake to cut trees from this Jones County farm. You can see by the annual rings that the trees are young, thrifty growers, some of which were large enough for saw timber and others would have been in just a few years. A cash crop on the farm that was wasted.
Jones County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).