- Farm boys from Rutherfordton High School thinning timber
Forests and forestry -- North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series [#439] by R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester; Farm boys from the Rutherfordton High School getting first-hand information on timber thinning at the farm of J. C. Buff, near Rutherfordton. These boys boys thinned 1/10 acre, cutting 1.5 cords of fire wood from 29 cull trees, leaving 35 trees (350 per acre) standing for future crops of high class materials.
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).