- Extension forester discussing timber thinning with farmers and agricultural students
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series [#426] By R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester; Extension Forester discussing timber thinning and management with farmers and agricultural students of the Copeland High School, at the farm of Lee Perkins, Surry County. This field of 23 yr. old shortleaf pine gave a yield of 10 cords of thinnings per acre, with 810 pines per acre left. Will be ready for second cut in five years.
Surry County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).