- Extension forester discussing timber thinning with farmers and agricultural students
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series [#425] By R.W. Graeber, Extension Forester; Extension Forester discussing timber thinning and management with farmers and agricultural students of the Copeland High School, at the farm of Lee Perkins, Surry county. This field of 23-yr. old shortleaf pine gave a yield of 10 cords of thinning per acre, with 810 pines per acre acre left. Will be ready for second cut in five years.
Surry County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).