- County Agent C. A. Sheffield demonstrating to Clyde Snyder on thinning pines
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying envelope: [#47] Clyde Snyder, a Davidson County High School boy is setting a good example for the farmers of his community in starting forest management on his father's farm. Clyde started this demonstration in thinning pines without assistance after attending a forest meeting and demonstration at Churchland High School. Thinning 2 1/2 acres gave about 18 cords of fuel wood. County Agent, C. A. Sheffield is explaining to Clyde the function of the tree crown and why better spacing is necessary.
Sheffield, C. A.
more info on Sheffield, C. A.
Davidson County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).