Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- County Agent W. G. Yeager and J. C. Deaton selecting timber for cutting
Community and Extension
Forestry extension workers
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from accompanying envelope: [#26] W. G. Yeager, County Agent, assisting Mr. Jno. C. Deaton in selecting trees for a limited cutting of salable timber. Approximately 10,000 board feet per acre is being marked for cutting. A stand of about 200 trees per acre is being left. The trees left are those with large vigorous crowns, and are evenly spaced over the land. In summer time, paint is used for marking instead of the axe, thus eliminating the danger of starting an attack of Pine Bark Beetle.; Transcribed from back: News and Observer Farm Page, May 12, 1930
Yeager, W. G.
more info on Yeager, W. G.
Rowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).