- Thinning timber in shortleaf pine forest
Agricultural extension work
Forests and forestry
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Mattoon, Wilbur R. more info on Mattoon, Wilbur R. (Wilbur Reed), 1875-1941
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Scene in a shortleaf pine forest at the farm of Mr. Ed Spainghour, Burke County, N. C. Mr. Spainhour is standing at the extreme right of the group. The owner spent 30 minutes with a farm hand, showing him how to thin timber. This picture is sufficient evidence that the laborer did a good job on a five acre tract. Doesn't this timber look good as a farm crop? R. W. Graeber, Extension Forester.
Burke County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).