- Piling of loblolly pine
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Graeber, R. W., 1888-1967 more info on Graeber, R. W. (Robert Walter), 1888-1967
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from back: Farm Forestry Series [#780] By R. W. Graeber, Extension Forester; Pine piling from a 45 year old loblolly stand in Hertford County. These piles are being cut for a New York bridge job. Piling trees net the farmer $1.50 to $7.00 per tree, according to length of stick, and are cut in lengths from 50 to 90 feet.
Hertford County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).